After the kids are bathed and in their new pj's we go on a "pajama-rama". (Jon made up the pajama-rama a few years ago. It's when we're all in pj's and go on a drive in our van.) We drive all around the city to see the Christmas decorations and lights that people have on their houses. It's so fun to see all the lights and the kids all end up falling asleep. This year it happened so fast. We were only 5 miles into our pajama-rama when all of our kids were fast asleep. When we get home we just put them straight to bed and they're already asleep! It's great! It helps them fall asleep when they're so excited about Santa Claus coming. 


We got our kids each a suitcase, clothes, dinner plates with their picture on it, a digital camera, Leap Pad games and Leah got a Leap Pad. They enjoyed opening the presents they bought for each other. Leah bought Alex a LEGO helicopter, and Caleb a Batman backpack. Caleb bought Alex a LEGO Mars Mission set, and Leah a aqua doodle book and some baby bottles. Alex bought Leah a little High School Musical guitar that sings the HSM song and an Elmo doll, and Caleb a Ratatouille Leap Pad game. They also got some nice new church clothes. The boys needed new suits and Leah's red dress is adorable. Jon and I got some fun things too. Jon's favorite was his new air drill, and my favorite was my new robe and some DVD games (Deal Or No Deal and Family Feud).


Our family got another LEGO set that is a castle. It was tougher to put together than the other ones so my mom and I put it together. The kids all helped us with the other sets.
The pictures don't do the LEGO sets justice. It took us HOURS to put together all of these Lego's. I think we added up that there were 1392 pieces all together!!!We had a fabulous Christmas and now we have the challenge of finding permanent homes in our house for all of these new items! I hope everyone else had a great Christmas too. Here are some pictures from our Lanier Christmas party at Christel and Alan's house.

"I can't believe this isn't just a dream," Alex


1 comment:
I'm with you on finding new places for the toys! We actually did a purge right before Christmas and took out two of those huge black garbage bags of toys and gave them to good will or threw away the junky ones! It was nice to make room for the new stuff! It looks and sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas and I love the happy looks on your kids faces! FUN! I'm glad it was a good one for you guys!
Post a Comment