Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter

Easter started for our family last weekend. Katie and Braydon were here so we had an early Easter celebration with the Rogers' family. Here we are decorating egg shaped cookies, instead of real eggs. The kids really got creative. I'm suprised Leah could fit her cookie in her mouth with the MOUND of frosting she put on it, not to mention the tons of sprinkles! Enjoying their time with Braydon.

This weekend we were able to have more cousins at our house. Eve, Eden, and Ezra came to visit while Christel had a Dr. apt. Here is a picture of cute Ezra. What a monkey! We didn't know where Eden and Ezra were at one point. We found them both in the bathroom. I guess Eden had to go potty, and Ezra decided to take a swim in the yellow swimming pool! His one foot was down the hole and the other leg was outside the seat. I wish I could have caught a picture quick enough of the actual scene.


Eden and Eve were able to have a sleepover at our house so we could give Christel and Alan a break. The kids loved it. The girls were all in Leah's room. We pulled out her trundle bed to let Eve and Eden sleep on it. I guess Leah didn't want to be left out so all 3 of them ended up sleeping on the trundle. At 10:30pm Eve and Leah were still awake jumping on the bed while Eden was sound asleep. I don't know how she fell asleep with them jumping and laughing for hours!


Saturday we did an Easter egg hunt with our kids. They were able to find eggs in our backyard that we filled with quarters. Easter morning was my favorite. I was finally able to see my kids in their cute Easter clothes I got for them. The boys each got a new shirt, tie, and belt. Leah got a new dress, shoes, and purse. Here is a picture of her twirling around in her princess dress.It's kind of hard to tell by the picture, but Alex's shirt is yellow and Caleb's is green. It's the first time they've ever had colored church shirts. Jon really likes plain white shirts, but I went out on a limb and got the boys colors. They looked so handsome. What cute kids!After church we went to Salt Lake to see Oma and Opa. They always have an Easter egg hunt at their house and yummy food. It's always nice to visit with them. We went to see Grandfather Lanier and Aunt Robin next. We all went to the cemetery together to say "Happy Easter" to Uncle Billy and Uncle Adam. Grandma Hosie left a basket of flowers, and Christopher left Billy some Easter candy. What a sweet boy. Next, we went to Uncle David's house to visit him. The kids were quick to find the candy dish and cookie jar. We got to look at David's book of remembrance and see pictures of Easter when they were growing up. Grandfather Lanier showing a trick to the boys.Leah followed Aunt Robin around everywhere. (I've decided that she just likes to be with anyone else besides mom and dad. Even at church today she went to sit with her sunbeam teacher rather than with us.) Here is Leah convincing Bun to show her what's in the cookie jar.We've had a busy weekend and a busy day today. Between all of our Easter plans and activities I managed to make two baby shower cakes and go to a baby shower on Saturday morning. I don't know how we fit it all in sometimes. I'm glad to be home now. We got home at 10pm. I'm happy to go to bed soon. I hope everyone else had a great Easter.

2 comments:

Amber H. said...

Happy Easter to you guys! Holy Hannah, you've had a busy few weekends! The cookie decorating was a good idea, I wish you would have gotten a picture of Leah with all of her frosting and decorations, that sounds too funny! I absolutely LOVE her dress, it's so beautiful! All of your kids look wonderful! I always loved that you dressed your boys up in suits. Too many moms of boys just don't care when it comes to church attire, and I think you always do such a good job! I love the colored shirts on them too, very festive! I'm glad you guys had such a fun time!

Steven & Adrienne said...

Cute pics! Sounds like you had a crazy weekend! But you are right your kids did look very cute at church...I loved how Leah showed everyone her dress and had to twirl everytime she did...it was adorable. Hey I have a blog if you want to check it out at
http://stevenadriennejensen.blogspot.com/

-Adrienne