Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Alex's 8th Birthday

My baby boy is 8 years old! I can't believe how fast time has gone by. Alex has grown into such a great boy. He has always been a very loving and caring child. We have loved (almost) every minute of the 8 years we've had with him. But even when there were difficult times we have never stopped loving our sweet Alex. Happy Birthday!

For Alex's birthday he started out with a pancake breakfast. I had to make him a pancake in the shape of an "8". He took treats to school for his class too. When he got home he was SO anxious for his birthday party to start. It was so stressful for him to wait the hour and a half until people started showing up. Alex had 4 of his friends over for a party. The theme was...of course...Star Wars. They played "Pin Darth Vader's Buttons on His Costume", opened gifts, ate dinner (Alex's choice was hot ham and cheese sandwiches with corn chips, carrots, and cucumbers), ate cake and ice cream, and then watched part of The Clone Wars movie. They had a good time.
Alejo and Alex

Alex and Byron
Rowen and Alex
Caleb and Alex (with the toys from Erick)
The 8 Year Old Birthday Boy!
Scout uniform from Nanny, Papa, Mom and DadAlex also had his baptismal interview tonight right after his party. Everything is set for his big day on Saturday. We are so proud of him and can't wait to see him be baptized.

Happy Birthday, Alex!

4 comments:

sarah said...

Alex is still as cute as the day he was born. He is a wonderful grandson, and we love him very much.

Nanny & Papa

Steven & Adrienne said...

Byron had a great time at Alex's party!

Happy Birthday Alex, and congrats on turning 8!!!

Amber said...

Oh wow! I can't believe that Alex is eight! How does time go so fast?! I remember when you were pregnant with him & you lived in that cute little apartment! I remember coming over to visit and you showed me his crib all set up and you were so excited and I thought: wow! She is going to be a great mommy!! And it's true- you are amazing girl! :)
-Amber

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Alex!
Boy Angela, can you believe 8 years has gone by? I can't even believe Camryn is about to be 10. Time is not waiting for me to catch up.
It looks like it was a really fun birthday. What a cute little family you have!