Thursday, September 20, 2007

Sneaky Boys


After I put the kids to bed I went about my regular duties of doing dishes, cleaning up, then did some exercising. I always go in and check on the kids right before I go to bed and to my surprise I saw Caleb in Alex's bed having a "sleepover"! I moved Caleb back into his own bed and asked him, "Why were you in Alex's bed?" He said, "I don't know" and rolled over and went right to sleep. Those sneaky boys! Alex had asked to have a sleepover and I told him "not tonight because you have school in the morning." I guess Caleb and Alex had already planned this sneaky sleepover. Caleb told me this morning, "I was going to hide under Alex's bed and have all of my toys under the bed too and then you wouldn't know I was there." We had a good talk about honesty and how that wouldn't be honest and also wouldn't be safe to not know where Caleb was. I'm glad my kids love each other and they want to hang out with each other, but when they break the rules to do it...that's a little different!

1 comment:

Amber H. said...

How cute is that? what a great story to tell them when they are older! How fun that they love each other enough to want to sneak in together to sleep?? SOOO cute!