Monday, September 24, 2007

Weekend Visitor


My brother, Shane, flew in to SLC from Vegas this past Thursday night. My sister-in-law, Katie, didn't want to drive to Salt Lake by herself so late at night so I went with her. What an adventure! Besides almost being hit twice on our way there we also didn't know what we were doing! Shane's flight was delayed, so we tried to go see the new IKEA store but it closed 10 minutes before we got there. We went and met up with my father-in-law to get some of Jon's tools that he needed and that took up some more time. After stopping at Wendy's for a snack we made it to the airport. They've re-labeled the parking lots since I've been there last and Katie and I had no idea where to go. We ended up parking clear out in the back of a parking lot, but caught a shuttle to the terminals. We picked up Shane just before 11PM and we got back on the shuttle to take us back to our car. The shuttle took is directly to our car (it was the 1st stop on the way back) and we enjoyed pretending that it was our intention to park in such a great spot. I got back home around mid-night.


Friday night we went to my parent's house for dinner. I had the wedding cake to deliver beforehand, so we ended up eating around 6:30pm. Everyone was so hungry and the ham and cheesy potatoes tasted so good that my mom made. I had some spice cake cupcakes made from left over batter from the wedding cake that we had for dessert (along with some ice cream). After dinner we played games together. We went home after 10pm. It was a late night for the kids, but they enjoyed playing with their cousin and seeing Uncle Shane and Aunt Katie. It was a great weekend. We hope to see you again soon, Shane! :)

No comments: