Monday, March 10, 2008

It's My Birthday!

I woke up this morning to a big surprise. The phone rang at 8:15am and I was still asleep! And this was after I went to bed exhausted last night by 7:30pm. I slept for more than 12 hours! I usually wake up after Jon leaves for work, but this morning he never woke me up when he left for work because he surprised me and took the day off. After we ate breakfast and got Alex off to the bus stop I exercised while Jon folded the laundry for me.

Caleb and Leah had their computer class today. It was fun for them to have dad come along to see what they do at computer class. My mom was nice enough to watch Caleb and Leah for us so we could go to the temple this afternoon. Once we got there we realized we were too late. We had just missed the temple closing for the day. I knew they closed early on Monday, but didn't know exactly when they closed. So, we went to the Brick Oven for a lunch date instead.
We had a fun family home evening based on the 5th article of faith. It's the next one that our kids need to memorize so we were helping them work on it. Leah picked "Chutes and Ladders" for our activity. We went out to eat to Wingers for dinner. My birthday sundae was devoured by our 3 little kids. I'm surprised that I even got a couple of bites!

So, overall I had a great day! I was able to buy some decorations I had wanted from Rod Works thanks to some birthday money I got from my mom & dad and Jon. I got the big rod decoration above my temple picture, and 2 hearts and a welcome sign to go in our entry way above our coat rack. I love the way they look!


I also got some new silicone spatulas and some nylon whisks for my kitchen! I was excited about that. You can never have too many spatulas, and my favorite whisk just broke a few months ago.

Thanks to everyone who sent letters, e-cards, made "Happy Birthday" phone calls, and wished me happy birthday. It made me happy.

3 comments:

Jennie-O said...

Happy Birthday!! I love the stuff from Rod Works, I need to go get some too.

Amber H. said...

Happy birthday Angela! It sounds like you had a GREAT day! Too bad the temple was closed, but you got to eat out at two super fun places...and WINGERS! I have been craving Wingers for months! I'm so jealous :o) Those new decorations look really cute! I'm glad you got so many things you wanted :o)

Brehtt said...

Hope you had a great birthday!