Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

I made pancakes for breakfast today. Jon's order was egg tortillas, so I obliged. After breakfast we gave Jon his Father's Day present. I had made a little book with pictures of him and the kids. Each page has a line to "I'm so Glad When Daddy Come's Home" and "My Daddy is My Favorite Pal." It turned out really cute.
The kids in our ward did a great job singing for Father's Day. We sang 3 songs. I felt like I was playing the piano too loudly that they couldn't be heard (such a small primary), but I guess they did alright and people could actually hear them sing.

After church we went to Salt Lake to see Jon's brother. It was his birthday today. So, our sister-in-law, Debi, planned a birthday/fathers day party for everyone. We had navajo tacos. They were yummy. We also had some good brownies and a big raspberry cookie. We played "Greed", which is another version of "Farkle" only it's played with 5 dice. That was fun, and Lorraine killed us! Caleb was in the lead for the first part of the game...until he got bored and dropped out.
This is a picture of Jon trying to give all 5 kids a piggy back at the same time. It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. His idea didn't work out so well and some kids got squished more than they wanted.
There was a dog named Thomas there. Leah loved to watch the dog--from a distance. Once it got close to her she would get a funny look on her face and start running. The whole thing was kind of funny because everytime she would start running Thomas would think she was playing with him and he'd start running with her!
The boys LOVED playing with the dog. They're turning into quite the animal lovers. We had a stray cat in our backyard one day and they played with it all day. I'm glad they're not as scared of animals anymore. This is Alex, Caleb and Darwin playing with Thomas.
Happy Birthday David! David coloring with his daughter, Aylora.Thanks for putting on such a great party, Debi.

No comments: