Mom: "What have you been cutting?"
Leah: "I don't remember."
Mom: "Well, you can sit in time out until you remember" (looking around at her dolls, the towels, the washcloths, etc and finding nothing out of the ordinary.)
Leah goes to time out.
Caleb: "I know what she's been cutting. She's been cutting her hair."
Leah: "NO! Don't tell!"
Mom: Looking at her chunks of hair missing, "It looks like you're going to have to get a hair cut and it's going to be pretty short."
Leah: "I don't want a boy haircut!"
I do admit that it could have been worse. The shortest section is underneath the majority of her new bangs that she cut. Even the hair stylist said that she did a pretty good job. (Shhh!! Don't let Leah know that!)
Right after I found out about her haircut.
She was crying because she didn't want a haircut (go figure)
She was crying because she didn't want a haircut (go figure)

After Cherise trimmed her hair
I did overhear Leah saying how she wanted to borrow Caleb's clothes so that no one would know that she was really a girl with a boy hair cut. I had to explain to her that even though it was going to be shorter in the front it still would look like a girl hair cut. And she is a beautiful little girl. Let's just hope that she's learned from this experience.


6 comments:
What is it with kids cutting their hair lately? Something in the air? First Annika, then a friend of mine, Tia (her little girl cut her hair a few days ago...if you want to see theirs you can go to my blog and click on Tia), and now Leah! The good thing is her new bangs are just adorable! Way cute! I'm glad it wasn't worse, even though it's still traumatic :o)
I like her haircut. I didn't think it looked that bad. But, the new hairstyle is really cute on her.
When I was first reading this post - before I saw the picture - i thought she had cut it way way short! That's lucky she didn't cut more of it! And her haircut is definitely cute! She doesn't look like a boy at all! :) Maybe she has a future in hair design?! (did I just write hair design? what the heck is that?! oh boy! I better stop now before I say something else that sounds ridiculous!!) :)
-Amber Miyake
Hey I am making my blog private, so if you would like to still read it please send an email to me at stevenadrienne@hotmail.com and I will add you to my list. Have a great day.
I think every little girl cuts her own hair at some point. Her new hair cut is really cute.
I love the haircut, I think it's adorable! And she still looks very girly!
Post a Comment