Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fool's Day

Much to Jon's dislike I LOVE April Fool's Day! Most of my joking comes by way of food. For breakfast we had magic milk cereal. When I poured the milk onto the kids cereal this morning Caleb's turned blue, Leah's turned pink, and Alex's turned green! Ha ha ha! They wondered how I did it. Leah guessed by saying, "Mom, you're not magic...it was just food coloring!" Oh man, my secret's out!

Lunch was fun too. I went to my mom's house and we had pizza for lunch. Caleb's favorite food is pizza, so he was super excited! That is...until he found out we were having cool veggie pizza, with fruit pizza on the side. They still ate most of their pizza, but it wasn't the hit that Caleb was expecting.

Dinner came around and I called in the family for dinner as I was cooking up some grilled cheese sandwiches. I called twice and said, "Come before your grilled cheese gets cold!" When Caleb bit into his sandwich he was totally disgusted that it WAS cold and exclaimed, "I don't like it cold! I want it warmed up!", but as he was chewing he realized that it didn't taste like grilled cheese at all. It tasted like cake! He was grinning from ear to ear when I said, "April Fools"! I got him good. We made sure our kids finished off their dinner before we gave them "dessert". We had regular grilled cheese sandwiches for dessert. Let's see if I can fool you--which is the real grilled cheese, and which is the impostor?

1 comment:

Laura said...

The bottom one is real, right?