
They also caught a couple of horny toads. Here is Alex holding one that he wanted to keep as a pet. Jon wanted to hold it for a while, so he held it and went to give it a kiss to show Leah how nice he was and....

...It BIT him right on the lip! Jon said it felt like someone pinching his lip with pliars. Ouch! So, I made him bare it a little longer so I could get a picture. Alex said after that, "We're not keeping him. He isn't a good pet."

Leah even got in a few driving lessons while we were camping. It was the first time we let her behind the wheel of the Jeep Wrangler. She loved it, and besides sagebrush and weeds there wasn't anything she'd hurt if she ran it over. Another 13 years of practice and she'll be ready for the real road.

The adults battled allergies and illness the whole time we were there. Me, Jon, and my dad were all taking allergy medicine and Alka-seltzer to calm the sneezing and sinus congestion. It's nice to get away from the world for a few days and enjoy nature, but the effects of it can be exhausting. I'm glad we're all home safe and sound. After we got back to Springville Jon took Alex and Leah fishing. Alex has always said he would try trout the next time dad cooked it, so stay tuned to see his reaction!
1 comment:
So this brings back awesome memories as a kid for me! We used to catch and play with horned toads all the time! I haven't seen one in years though, so it was great to see one again! How funny about what Alex said too..that made me laugh! Sorry about the allergies...I guess they come with all territories. I stayed inside all weekend too fighting them! Sounds like you had fun over all though!
Post a Comment