Saturday, October 13, 2007

It's Time for Earrings

So, after we were done at the Discovery Gateway we passed a jewelry store that advertised free ear piercing with the purchase of some earrings. So, being the sporadic kind of person that I am I asked Leah if she wanted to wear "real" earrings and get her ears pierced. She said yes. So we went into the store with Katie.

My mom and the boys waited outside at a table they could watch everything from. When the lady told Leah, "Even if it hurts we'll still have to do the other side" Leah got a little nervous. She said to me, "Mom, I want you to do my earrings." I told her that the other lady was going to do it. She sat really still. They cleaned her ears and put a dot on each of them so we could make sure they would be even. Then in about 10 seconds she had both ears pierced!

The lady was so good who pierced her ears. She went really fast and did a great job. Leah started crying as soon as the first one got done, but she sat really still for the second one too. She was offered a sucker and didn't even want to take one because she was so sad. I took one for her and after she started sucking on it she was done crying about her ears.

Leah had come down with an ear infection the night before and we went to the doctor and she got an antibiotic shot to get rid of the ear infection. So, I decided that it would be the perfect time to get her ears pierced since she was on an antibiotic and there was less of a chance of her ears getting infected. So, the timing was perfect. Leah probably doesn't think so since she got a shot and 2 ears pierced all in one day. Poor kid! She looks really cute with her earrings.


1 comment:

Amber H. said...

Poor girl! I hope her ear infection will go away soon :o( It's the pits to be sick...