While driving I called Jon to see if he and the kids wanted to come with me the 2nd time (since they couldn't the first time because of lack of space). We decided that he'd get the kids ready so we could go visit Jon's Oma and Opa in Salt Lake after we went back to the airport. I made record time heading back to Springville, grabbed the forgotten bag and headed to our house again. Jon was barely finishing getting the kids ready when I pulled up to quickly load them into the van. He did a great job moving so quickly to get all 3 kids ready in church clothes, fed and out the door.
We got the bag to the airport to my parents with 45 minutes still to spare before the flight left. They made it through security and had no problems making their flight...with all of their bags in tow.
We had a great visit with Oma and Opa. We went to their ward in Salt Lake, then had lunch with them. It's always fun to visit them. The kids love gambling on Opa's slot machine (although they never take any of their "winnings". All 20 quarters that Opa put in the machine have stayed there for the past 25+ years). Opa has lots of other fun things for the kids to do, and best of all he always has a pocket full of candy. Oma is a great cook and we always enjoy her company. I was able to give her a haircut while we were there too. I'm so glad our kids love their family. We love our family too. It so nice to have all of our family close by (even Vegas is still "close" to me!).

2 comments:
Wow, Angela! You are totally superwoman!
Wow! What a day! We never stop running do we! I love being able to spend time with family!
Post a Comment