On the 4th of July the local rec center outdoor pool had a free swim day. How nice is that? So, we all got there early and went swimming. I'm glad we got there early because the pool reached their maximum capacity and would only let other people into the pool as people were leaving. It was a nice cool activity to do to keep us out of the 110 degree weather.


That night for dinner we had BBQ chicken, corn on the cob, salad, watermelon, and root beer floats for dessert. It was yummy. We played "restraunt" with the kids. Katie and I were the waitresses and we made menu's for the kids to pick what they wanted. We called it the Patio Restraunt and ate outside. It was pretty pleasant. The wind was blowing just enough to keep us a little cool.

After dinner the kids all got in the tub to get clean. As they were taking turns taking baths we had them color some 4th of July coloring pages to keep them entertained. Alex wrote "to Uncl Shan" on his. I thought he did really good sounding out "uncle Shane" and told him that those words had an 'e' on the end of them.

Once we were all ready for bed we went outside and did our fireworks. We kept things simple with pops and sparklers. The kids had a lot of fun, and we also got to see some of the "bigger" fireworks that other people were doing down the street. We had stayed up really late the night before, so we opted out on seeing any BIG fireworks shows so we could put the kids to bed a little earlier.





After the kids were in bed we enjoyed visiting outside. Jon's sitting on Shane and Katie's fabulous always-green astroturf grass. Then, we played games. When I say "we" I mean me, Shane and Katie. Jon's not a big gamer. He did play one game with us one night, so I was happy about that.
No comments:
Post a Comment