Monday, August 18, 2008

1st Day of School

Today Alex started 2nd grade. He took the bus to school and I picked him up at the end of the day. He told me after school, "Mom, 2nd grade is WAY easier than first grade!"




Caleb also got to go to the school today for Kindergarten testing. It's a moment we've been waiting for FOREVER it seems! He scored 204/210 on the END of year test. This is why we believe that he's ready to attend 1st grade rather than kindergarten. We still have to go through the long, drawn-out process of being tested, then he has to attend kindergarten for a week before they'll asses whether he can move ahead to 1st grade. He will be so bored in kindergarten, I hope they advance him soon. It seems like we've been waiting so long already.
The new school still isn't complete, so to make matters MORE confusing the kindergarten class is at an entirely different school than the 1-6 grades. So, Caleb's bus will pick him up at 8am, then we have to wait around for Alex's bus at 9am. Sounds like it's going to be a fun week!

4 comments:

Steven & Adrienne said...

Wow you guys have been busy! Hopefully Caleb gets into the first grade soon, so your life can be normal, because the double schedule is not fun! I am jeolous of your cantelope...maybe mine will ripen soon!

Oh, I was going to tell you we switched bus stops because of the crazy driver on 24. So if you want to switch we are doing bus 6 across from the church. :)

Amber said...

How exciting! Starting school is so fun! I hope that Caleb can move up into first grade! Your kids are so smart. And i love that new family picture! It is adorable!

Autumn said...

I can't believe that you have a second grader, I remember when he was born! Good luck with Caleb, that is pretty awesome, smart little boy!

Amber H. said...

Ok, so did the summer fly by for you too? I can't believe that it's school time again!