On Saturday we took the kids to the park by Shane and Katie's house that has sprinklers coming out of the ground. It kept them really cool. Even with all of the sunscreen, our kids got burnt shoulders. The adults sat in the shade, but we were still extremely hot. 




Here's a cute video of the kids playing:
The kids dried off by playing on the playground. After about 5-10 minutes they were totally dry and we were all roasting.

The kids dried off by playing on the playground. After about 5-10 minutes they were totally dry and we were all roasting.


Leah was Katie's little side-kick. She just loves Aunt Katie. She was especially cuddly with her while we were watching a movie.

Then, Sunday it was time to drive home with another long drive. Our kids do pretty well with traveling for hours...as long as we have movies playing. 

We stopped in St. George for a break. We got to tour through the visitor's center and watched a film about pioneers. It was so nice. (This first picture is a bit fuzzy...it was taken by my camera sitting on the van across the street from us)
Passing through Nephi we stopped at the Hosie's house for lunch and visiting. Then we visited with Jon's sister, Christel, and her family. The kids played with 3 of their cousins there, Eve, Eden, and Eliza. Ezra was taking a nap while we were there.


We STILL didn't go home after that. We stopped in Springville to have fast Sunday dinner at my parent's house. It was yummy and I'm glad I didn't have to cook anything all day long. When we got home we unpacked some stuff and waited for it to get a little dark so we could do more fireworks. I'll post more about that later.
2 comments:
What a fun trip! That park looks awesome! We need one around here - that is free!!
What a great trip to Vegas. That is a long way for little kids. I love that you gave them a menu for dinner and were the waiters, very creative! I might have to call on you when I need to be creative with my little ones.
Post a Comment