Monday, October 20, 2008

First Day of School....Again!

I am SO excited for the new school! I have been anticipating this day for 2 years now. They announced that they were going to rebuild the school more than 2 years ago. It was scheduled to be completed December 2008, but it was ahead of schedule and opened TODAY! Yeah!

Here are the reasons I'm so happy about the new school.

1. No more crazy school schedules (they were going from 9:30am-4:10pm)

2. Both boys will be going to the same school. Kindergarten classes were held at a totally different school than grades 1-6 while they were waiting for the school to be completed.

3. No more bus stops!!

4. The A/C and heat will actually work in this school...because it's new!

5. More parking

6. The new school is BIG, NICE, and NEW!! I love it!


Caleb and Alex


Principal Bridges


Ribbon cutting ceremony

Here's a video of the ribbon cutting ceremony. They had one child from each grade help cut the ribbon.







Old Timpanogos





New Timpanogos (taken June 2008) It's a beautiful building and it looks even better with the landscaping all finished.







3 comments:

Brian and Amelia said...

Oh yay! That's wonderful!! And I love the Halloween decorations!

P.S. I totally thought of you while we were lost in the corn maze. I've never loved corn mazes after that experience (it was fun, but you know what I mean!). And where WAS that emergency exit when we went?!

Brehtt said...

Wow! Much better than the old school, how exciting for your boys to have a nice new school.

Steven & Adrienne said...

I agree I am also excited about the new school. But I completly forgot my camera on the first day...so I might have to get a couple of yours.

Also, hey I am picking up Allison Lamb everyday (and maybe Brinlee on somedays), so I won't be able to carpool...sorry.:(