Look how excited my kids are to eat their dinner of meatloaf, carrots, mashed potatoes and gravy! They were hoping it was an "April Fool's Joke" that we were having meatloaf. They were wrong...we really WERE having meatloaf. What they didn't realize is that the meatloaf was made out of a no-bake cookie, the carrots were marzipan, and the mashed potatoes and gravy was ice cream and caramel sauce. They were pleasantly surprised. We made sure to tell them (like any good parent) to finish up all their dinner so they could have dessert.
4 comments:
You are so creative and fun!
Katie
Cute ideas! I really thought it was meatloaf, potatoes and gravy, and carrots! How fun!
That is so fun! I just saw a Dinner Impossible on the Food Network a while back where that was the challenge. Make something that looks like something (such as meatloaf), but it has to taste completely different (like making a no bake cookie instead to look like meatloaf). It was pretty entertaining! I love how realistic all of your stuff looks. I bet the kids had a blast!
so clever! That food totally looked real... good job!
Post a Comment