Besides being able to hear the Prophet and other leaders of the church we were able to visit with Shane, Katie and Braydon. They came up for 2 weeks from Las Vegas. Conference was so great. Braydon was at our house for the Saturday sessions. We had fun coloring ties of the different speakers, doing word searches, etc.
I had a demo and a class to teach Saturday night. It was great to get back into teaching my classes. I feel like it's been too long! I really enjoy it and I'm glad my class filled up and I'm back teaching every Saturday again. Ladies Night Out was also going on at Roberts that night. So, since my mom, Katie and her mom and sisters were coming to Ladies Night Out I went with them after I got done with my class. I have always loved going to Ladie's Night Out at Roberts and got excited to win prizes and look around, but this time it was different. I found that I didn't like staying there even longer after I had been there since 3pm! I'm glad we didn't stay too long before we went to some other stores. That night we went back to my mom and dad's and we were going to play games. We actually only ended up playing one game because we were having too much fun on Playlist bringing back old memories of Jr. High and High School. After we finally stopped our karaoke party we played "Acquire" until 2am. It's a game Jon's grandparents had for years and they gave it to us. Jon taught us how to play and it was pretty fun.
Sunday we were at my mom and dad's house for conference. She printed off some bingo boards for the kids so it would keep them entertained. I think it turned out to be the adult activity. We were all "helping" our kids listen for words and they ended up going and doing something else while we were all still playing bingo for them. I think over all it helped them to listen to what was being said. I really appreciated the talk that was specifically for the small children. They were told to help their mothers by cleaning their rooms, doing the dishes, and doing other things without being asked. It was just what needed to be said!
Today we went to see Alvin and the Chipmunks. It was a cute movie. The kids really liked it, and that's all they've been talking about ever since.
1 comment:
Hey funny how we played the same games for Conference! The things we do to keep the kids interested. And Alex kept talking about Alvin and the Chipmunks this morning...it was funny hearing him tell his favorite parts!
Post a Comment