This weekend Jon is taking the boys to a Father and Sons camp out. The boys are so excited to go camping. I think they're even more excited that it's just them and dad. Jon's dad was also able to go with them. He wasn't able to do any Fathers and Sons camp outs with his own dad in his youth, so it's great to be able to do it now.



p.s. I lifted these pictures from my friend Adrienne's web page. Jon didn't take any pictures, but some of their pictures had our kids in them.
Leah and I have a girls weekend planned. We had dinner together and then waited for 6:30pm to roll around so we could go swimming. The pool doesn't open until then and Leah was so anxious she kept asking me every 5 minutes if it was time to leave yet. Jon took the van, so I got to take Leah to the pool in the bike trailer. It was a good work out. We had fun. Leah is having a sleep over with me tonight. She has her sleeping bag set up on my bedroom floor. We're going to have a great time together.
5 comments:
What a fun weekend!! How did it all turn out?
It seems neither Jon or I got a very good night's sleep. I think I got a little bit more than him though. He had forgotten a sleeping bag and tried to have the boys share one (too close for comfort!), so Caleb climbed into Jon's sleeping bag. Caleb is wiggly, and kept Jon up all night. Plus it was freezing. Leah is also a wiggle-worm and ended up underneath my bed and screaming in the middle of the night. She also is a loud sleeper. She makes all kinds of noises while she's sleeping. It was tiring, but everyone had a good time. The boys came home filthy, so that's a good sign they had a lot of fun.
So I was just about to write and see how it turned out. The night did NOT sound like fun, but hopefully you still had fun at the pool :o) It's so nice to have one on one time with your kids! I bet she loved having mommy time all to herself :o)
Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! I know our boys had a blast! And they came home filthy also!!
I am sure the kids loved it. Sometimes that is at the expense of the parents comfort right. :)
Post a Comment