Thursday, January 31, 2008

Jon's Golden Birthday

Hooray for Jon! He turned 31 today, January 31st! It's kind of a special year for him since it's his "golden birthday." Alex also celebrated his golden birthday by turning 7 on January 7th this year. It was because of Alex's observation that we even realized this.

I got up especially early this morning to make some hot oatmeal for Jon to have before he went to work. I was up by 6:30am (I know, that's a SHOCK that I can actually function that early...but when it's for someone special I make a good effort). The kids got up just in time to see Jon before he went off to work and to wish him a happy birthday.

Jon got to go to lunch at Golden Corral with his coworkers to celebrate his birthday. He came home to a home cooked meal of pork chops, mashed potatoes, and peas and corn. He's never very hungry for dinner after having a big meal for lunch, so I'm glad I didn't make a whole lot of any one thing.

We had ice cream sundaes for dessert that we got to customize with different candies (m&m's, reece's pieces, peanut butter cups, and caramel topping). It was yummy. He had some mail to open today, but no presents. He mainly got cash (most of which was given to him at his early party), so it was a quiet birthday here at home. That's the kind he enjoys the most. We'll cuddle up to watch a movie tonight too.

So, here's to you, Jon, on your 31st birthday! I love you and hope you have had a WONDERFUL day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Jon! Glad to see that it all went well. The blog looks nice!