We started driving Friday, January 4th, to go to Las Vegas for a long weekend. We got to Shane and Katie's house around noon. The kids were so excited to see Braydon. I think Braydon was equally excited to see them. We rested at their house for a few hours until Shane got home. Then, Jon and I were able to go to the Las Vegas temple. It was our 8th anniversary on January 5th and it was nice to be able to go on a date together, especially to the temple.
Saturday was a full day. I guess I could say it was full of walking too. We went to M&M world, Coca-Cola World, and saw the Lions at MGM. Here are Jon and I on our anniversary at M&M world. We were waiting to see the 3D movie "I left my 'M' in Las Vegas".

This is Braydon, Alex, Caleb, and Leah at M&M world. The kids all had their own M&M shirts that were different colors, so the kids all took a turn standing by "their" M&M.





At Coca-Cola world we all ordered the platter of floats. It came with 8 different flavors of ice cream floats. I had Orange Fanta, Leah had Root Beer, Braydon had a Coke float, Shane's was Sierra Mist, Katie's was a Red Fanta float, Caleb and Alex had slushie floats (one red and the other coke), and Jon's was something that had a strange name that I can't remember but it was a green slushie float.



We also walked to the Bellagio to see the water show, but it was too windy and it was not running. Caleb asked me after we started walking away, "Why did we walk all the way down here and not see any water show?" He didn't like the walking. Leah also didn't like walking and thought it would be more fun to scream and cry and throw fits while we walked down the strip of Las Vegas. FUN! I'm glad she eventually got over it, but it wasn't until after a long time and a pair of wet pants!
We went to a place for lunch that served $1.00 hot dogs that are a foot long! The kids just looked at it and didn't really know what to do with it. I got cheese on mine and Jon's was chili and cheese. Yum.
We went to church with Shane, Katie and Braydon on Sunday. It was the first Sunday of the year and the class change day. So, Leah had her first day of Sunbeams in Las Vegas. I think she really liked it. The boys all went to Braydon's CTR 6 class and had a good time together.
Monday went by really fast. Before we knew it we were headed home. It was a nice vacation for us. Shane and Katie's house looks so nice. We really had a good time there visiting with them and playing games.
1 comment:
So I have to say I'm so jealous you got to go and do something so fun! It looks like a blast all of the things you did! Happy anniversary to you guys! How many years have you been married now? If we ever go to Vegas I'll have to ask you for tips on where to go! That's awesome :o)
Post a Comment